Core-strength exercises strengthen your core muscles, including your abdominal muscles, back muscles and the muscles around the pelvis. Dahn Yoga emphasizes the health and strength of the lower abdomen as part of its training. There are basic exercises designed to develop an optimal energy balance, and to strengthen your core in Dahn Yoga.
The lower abdomen is filled with the small and large intestines, which together hold about one third of the body’s blood volume at any given time. Therefore, a smooth and unimpeded flow of blood through the intestines is important for efficient circulation of both energy and blood in the body.
How to do it:
- Put your hands on your lower abdomen.
- Push your abdomen out, feeling some pressure.
- Pull your abdomen in towards your spine.
- Repeat this in and out motion at least 100 times.
- When you finish, rub your abdomen clockwise.